Michaella's Mumblings

Monday, June 11, 2007

Advertisements

Its gotten to the point where I hate listening to TV and/or radio commericals. And not simply because they're interrupting my show or music. It seems like advertisers are promoting America's obesity and laziness.

For example, Taco Bell's "fourth meal" campaign. Do we really need to promote eating unhealthy, greasy, fast food late in the night right before you go to bed? And there was an ad on the radio this morning that went something like this "The great gaming shortage of 2007 is coming to an end. Come in out of the heat into X game store and spend your summers becoming a better gamer" or something along those lines. I pretty much heard "Kids, don't play outside this summer!! Sit in front of your TV playing video games that are no good for you!!" There are tons more out there, one more that I can't remember right now, but I remember thinking I was disturbed by it.

And people wonder why Americans are lazy and fat. Hmmmm, could be that we're targeted to be lazy and fat. Grrr. I find it so frustrating. Maybe its just me. But I'm going to get off my soapbox now. I hope you all have a great day!

2 Comments:

  • I aggre, that's one reason why I got a DVR. I record things then watch it later, it saves me time and I don't have to watch commercials!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:15 PM  

  • I mean I agree, whoopsy.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home