Michaella's Mumblings

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Stuck in the airport

so I thought I'd update. I'm currently sitting in Easterwood Airport (College Station's airport). My flight has been delayed 4 times now, but only by an hour and 20 min. My flight into KC from Dallas has also been delayed and I won't get in until midnight... 1am before I'm in Pleasant Hill. Anyway, I have a little time to kill, so I thought I'd update!

Life is good. I'm pretty dang happy. Research is going slow, but that's its pace. I have an undergrad for the summer and the stuff I'm helping her with is working better than mine, so I've been focusing on that. Hopefully the stuff I did today will work out....I'll see when I get back. I work only like 10ish hours a day, which is quite short compared to the school year. That gives me time to go out to eat or hang out with the boy or go to the bars. And its usually one or a combination of two or three of those each night. I don't necessarily want the school year to start. I don't have to teach or take classes but its not going to be as relaxed as it is now. I must say though, I have a really nice boss. He's great to work for. I'm sure he'll get jaded by academia at some point, but right now he's still new.

I'm headed home for 5 days. It'll be the longest stretch of time that I'll have been home since Christmas. And it'll be the one time that isn't consumed with birthdays, graduations or funerals. Instead, the last part of the vacation is consumed with a wedding. This trip home makes the 4th since the end of April. And the float trip is in August (trip 5) and my boss wants me to Stanford for a week in September (trip 6). Right now, I don't think I'll be able to come home for that :( I also wanted to go to the beach this summer... and I'm running out of summer and weekends. My grandma is going to be in Pensacola in late July (and that's one of my favorite beaches).... trip 7. AHHHHHH! too many decision and not enough money or time.

Anyway, there's not too much exciting going on. I've been to the movies a ton lately. Like more in the last 5 weeks than ever in the past. I've seeb Spidey 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Oceans 13, Knocked Up, and Live Free or Die Hard (not necessarily in that order). The last one was really good if you're into action flicks. Knocked UP was hilarious if you can overlook the nasty part near the end. At one point, there were only 4 movies in the theaters that I hadn't seen.... kinda sad. But movies are only $4 for students, so it's pretty cheap. Cheaper than a beer in some places.

I'm rambling on... trying to kill time. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home